In this provocative report, Cyentia Institute launches its first annual study on workforce cybersecurity risk, in partnership with Elevate Security. This unprecedented report aggregates data from 114,000 end users across 2,000 organizational departments between 2018 and 2020.
Key findings include:
- Nearly two-thirds of major data breaches are tied directly back to human risk factors
- Human risk played a direct role in 88% of losses from the largest cyber incidents of the last 5 years
- Security training and phishing simulations have no significant effect at the organizational level
- Users with active password managers are 19X less likely to download or execute malware
- Malware infections are 10X more likely to occur among users at the bottom of the organizational chart